Hypotension due to hypovolemia, dehydration, shock (including Anaphylaxis), PEA / Asystole, Sepsis, (Excited Delirium or Stimulant Intoxication – IV only)
250 mL IV / IO bolus, may repeat to 1 liter SO.
Traumatic full arrest, traumatic shock or hypotension, hypotension (hypovolemia) with vaginal hemorrhage, crush injury of major muscle group greater than 1 hour
250 mL IV / IO bolus, continue NS as wide open to maintain perfusion.
Crush Injury of major muscle group greater than 1 hour
250 mL IV / IO prior to release, continue wide open to attain or maintain perfusion.
Maintain Adequate Perfusion
20 mL/kg IV / IO, may repeat bolus twice SO.
3 mL Ned (Mask or HHN), continuous as tolerated.
- Use with Caution if signs of heart failure, CHF or rales.
- BH may order 2nd liter in adults, non-trauma.
- Shock in peds manifested as:
- Tachycardia - Weak distal pulse
- Poor skins signs - Delayed Cap Refill
- ALOC - Low Blood Pressure